- It is consuming your brain. Think you get smarter from watching interesting shows? And tell me now what you watch more, interesting or useless shows. Think we’ve cleared that up. TV isn’t going to make you any smarter, you will become brain dead if you don’t watch out.
- You are watching commercials. You are watching commercials most of the time. At one point, I actually found myself watching commercials over and over again and in that commercial break I found myself doing nothing but watching the commercials I’ve already seen hundreds of times. I was really becoming a zombie. That scared me, take good care of yourself, don’t watch commercials.
- You are losing a day in a week. People watch 16 hours TV a week, that is actually a complete wake day. Imagine to not watch TV all week, but watching one full day TV instead. So you wake up, watch TV, and keep watching. Horrible right?
- You can watch all the shows online. David Pierce from Digitizd.com wrote a post about how to watch TV online for free. No need for TV.
- When you watch shows online, you only see what you want to see. I like Friends and How I Met Your Mother. And I don’t like watching commercials or waiting till 8pm when the show is up. So I download entire seasons and watch them. Perfect. No need for waiting, no need for wasting time. Watch what you want to see.
- It will save you 20$ per month. That means 240$ a year, you can go away a weekend from that money. Save that money, use it for fun.
Those are my 6 reasons to stop watching TV. Throw your TV out, or just stop using the cable, you only need a DVD-player to watch what you like. What are your reasons to stop watching TV (or keep doing it)?
Powered by Facebook Comments